The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0
THE STEEL PATH
It is time to take on a new challenge. The Origin System is ever-changing. Our enemies grow more powerful – only the Tenno with true mastery of their Arsenal will overcome what awaits us. Once you have found yourself with a completed Star Chart, you may choose to arm yourself for a higher tier of enemies in Warframe. With this Update, we are introducing ‘The Steel Path’, a way to replay the Star Chart with all regions receiving +100 enemy levels. You will earn exclusive Emotes and Trophies by completing each region. Team up or go alone – good luck!
If you are not ready for this challenge, fear not, it’s not going anywhere. One day you may be prepared to take The Steel Path.
Your weapons make music, and the enemy calls for a song. Visit Teshin to learn more, if you’re ready.
A completed Star Chart (access to Arbitrations) is required for The Steel Path. Teshin will invite you to seek him out in any Relay once you’ve met the criteria.
What you need to know about The Steel Path
Since launching our weekend Public Test Cluster project, we have made some changes to The Steel Path for launch. These changes will be indicated below (but this is not an exhaustive list).
- You can toggle on/off The Steel Path in the Star Chart, which will automatically change the Star Chart to reflect which path you wish to play.
- Mastery can be earned by completing each mission on The Steel Path (similar to normal Star Chart, Mastery is earned once per node).
Enemies on The Steel Path are +100 Levels higher than their normal mission counterparts, and have enhanced defenses. Their enhanced defenses are not quite as high as Sortie modifiers, but enemies do have a 1.5x multiplier on Health + Armor + Shields. This decision was made based on Public Test Cluster feedback.
The original Test Cluster Feedback change brought a 1.75x multiplier that we then reduced to 1.5x after further testing. We also realized some inconsistencies with what we stated and what was truly live on the Test build leading up to now. To clarify what this equates to:
- Enemy Health/Shield/Armor: 1+1.5 = 2.50 (250%)
- The original Test Cluster Feedback change brought a 1.75x multiplier that we then reduced to 1.5x after further testing. We also realized some inconsistencies with what we stated and what was truly live on the Test build leading up to now. To clarify what this equates to:
- The Steel Path has Custom Gear Rules: 1 Minute Cooldown on Restores.
- Open Worlds (Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon) have a special Steel Path Bounty you must complete to progress. It is the 6th tier Bounty only accessible on The Steel Path!
The Steel Path Eidolon levels will increase respective of their difficulty for Tenno who seek a challenge, and also drop 1 Steel Essence on death:
- Teralyst: Level 110
- Gantulyst: Level 120
- Hydrolyst: Level 130
Junction Specters must be fought at their new 100+ level to proceed in the Star Chart.
- You’ll notice that the ‘Junction Tasks’ popup on hover will not appear in The Steel Path as those items are not required nor rewarded for completing the Junction.
- Eximus enemies have a chance at dropping Riven Slivers and a new currency: Steel Essence.
- Archwing Missions within The Steel Path will contain enemies with a 50+ level increase instead of 100+, and the 1.5x Health + Armor + Shield multiplier will not be applied. This decision was made based on Test Cluster feedback.
- Note: Railjack is not a part of The Steel Path.
As you progress through The Steel Path Star Chart, Teshin will award you for each Region completed with its respective Planet Decoration and Planet Emote, as well as 2x Steel Essence per Region (which can also be earned simply by playing Steel Path missions)!
The Steel Path Honors & Steel Essence
In addition to those Rewards, Teshin now has The Steel Path Honors: a store only accessible when The Steel Path is unlocked. Similar to the Arbitration Honors store, The Steel Path Honors takes Steel Essence as currency. Steel Essence can be found as a Resource drop from Eximus enemies within The Steel Path.
By accessing the Steel Path Honors, you can exchange your Steel Essence for the following rewards:
- THE BISHAMO ARMOR SET: Uphold the elite warrior tradition of Teshin and the Dax in the Bishamo Armor Set. This Orokin-designed collection includes a Helmet, Cuirass, Pauldrons, Greaves, and apparel. Earn the Blueprints by trading Steel Essence from The Steel Path Honors.
- Kuva x 10,000
- Random Relic Pack (3 Random Relics)
- Stance Forma Blueprint – this Forma type was introduced in Operation: Scarlet Spear. In the interest of having it more widely available, we are adding it to the Steel Path! This Forma allows for an added touch of flexibility in Melee weapons for those who seek it out!
The Steel Path Feedback Megathread:
Khora Urushu Skin
Personify the avenging spirit of the forest in armor flowering with deadly blooms. Buying the Urushu skin unlocks the Maculatia Skin only for your Venari. Includes Maculatia Venari Skin, Khora Urushu Agile and Noble animation sets!
Maculatia Venari Skin
Venari becomes the dark and dangerous woods in this deluxe Pet Skin.
Khora Urushu Collection
Embody the galaxy’s most dangerous flora with the Urushu Collection. Includes the Khora Urushu Skin, the Veratria Blade and Whip Skin, and the Maculatia Skin for Venari or your favourite Kavat. Includes Khora Urushu Agile and Noble animation sets!
Veratria Blade and Whip Skin
Tangle your target in a thorny vine with this deceptively floral weapon Skin.
Maculatia Kavat Skin
Nature at its most brutal comes alive in this deluxe skin for your Kavat.
- Nightwave Glassmaker Episode 3 is going live shortly! We’ll update this thread when it goes live. What games does the Glassmaker have in store for you?
Xoris Interaction Changes:
Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will now reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used. The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice.
Warframe Abilities / Exalted Warframe weapons affected by this are:
- Ash Bladestorm
- Atlas Landslide
- Baruuk Serene Storm
- Excalibur Exalted Blade
- Gara Shattered Lash
- Khora Whipclaw
- Valkyr Talons
- Wukong Iron Staff
The full breakdown can be read here.
Granum Void Changes & Fixes:
Golden Hand Shrines will no longer be accessible in Invasion missions if you don’t side with the Corpus.
- This also fixes Golden Hand Shrines consuming a Granum Crown but not opening the Granum Void if you were sided with a Faction other than Corpus.
NPC’s spawned within or brought into Granum Void (Beacon summoned Assassins, Rescue Targets, etc) will now be teleported back to the Corpus Ship alongside you when the timer expires.
- This also fixes NPCs spawned in Granum Void resulting in a teleportation ping-pong between the Corpus Ship and Granum Void upon the Granum Void timer running out.
A Revive Tower will now be spawned beside the Golden Hand Shrine if a player goes down within the Granum Void in a Corpus Ship Arbitration mission.
- This fixes missing Revive Towers upon exiting the Granum Void and Resurgence Tokens still spawning, resulting in imposing the stacking Resurgence Burden debuff for the rest of the mission unless the “lost” player leaves.
- Fixed ability to go over the Void Traces cap from Granum Void rewards.
Kuva Lich Changes:
- To help prevent accidental Kuva Lich generation from quick tapping the Mercy action, you must now ‘Hold X’ to perform a Mercy on a Kuva Larvling.
- Added a strength slider to the Color Blind Compensation filters.
- The Relay ‘CONCLAVE’ Fast Travel option has been changed to say ‘TESHIN’ as this option now serves a new role with The Steel Path. This will also now place you in front of the Conclave station instead of in the Conclave screen.
Beacons are now disabled in Junctions.
- This is a solo fight to show off those skills!
- The Star Chart Quest FX indicator will now still appear when you are zoomed out.
- Visibility improvements towards the Jackal’s stomp ability FX.
- Removed the ability to open up the main menu with a controller when using Navigation or browsing Ayatan Treasures (could result in a loss of functionality).
- Made manually-triggered Cache Optimize passes run before downloading new content so if you’re low on space you can try to reclaim space first.
- Improved handling of certain types of network problems when getting content updates.
- Made systemic micro-optimizations to the script system.
- Made several micro-optimizations to the log subsystem.
- Made systemic optimizations to game startup time.
- Made a micro-optimization to in-game stats rendering.
- Made some micro-optimizations to rendering performance.
- Fixed error handling for MSI builds so that failure is detected sooner.
- Potential fix for Warframe disconnecting on the loading screen on Intel HD3000 cards.
- Fixed Maxima and Hull Weave Avionics missing from respective Earth Proxima and Veil Proxima enemies.
- Fixed the Archwing Slingshot breaking after the first use if it was used to board a Crewship.
- Fixed spawning thousands of meters away from your Railjack if you Transfer back into your Warframe after launching a Railjack mission as the Operator.
- Fixed getting stuck in Orbiter/Railjack walls when entering the Arsenal as the Operator.
- Fixed viewing Railjack Components/Armaments and switching tabs after making a selection not properly deselecting the selected item, resulting in the Valence Fusion and Scrap buttons disappearing.
- Fixed the Avionics screen showing the incorrect callout for “remove” when using a controller.
- Fixed right-D-pad equipping Omni-tool (or doing nothing in regular Archwing missions) instead of cycling to the next Warframe/Archwing ability.
- Fixed not receiving progress for the ‘Ascendant’ Nightwave Act upon completing the Agility Test on Lua.
- Fixed not being able to complete ‘Just Visiting’ Nightwave Act by visiting a Featured Dojo higher than Ghost.
- Fixed Clients becoming stuck riding the Ropalolyst if two Client players attempt to ride it simultaneously.
- Potential fix towards the Host being able to interrupt a Client mounting the Ropalolyst, resulting in a crash.
- Fixed players not animating properly when landing on the central platform after crashing the Ropalolyst into one of the towers.
- Fixed the Ropalolyst cutscene intro not playing for Clients.
- Fixed Client players teleporting forward in the Ropalolyst cutscene.
- Fixes towards misaligned mounting animations when rolling before mounting the Ropalolyst.
- Fixed a script error that resulted in infinitely falling/respawning when falling into a teleport volume as the Operator during the Ropalolyst fight.
- Fixed potential script errors caused by using the central laser in the Ropaloylst fight.
- Fixed Protea losing her Temporal Anchor actions during rewind if during the ability she walked through Volt’s Electric Shield.
- Fixed Protea’s Blaze Artillery not targeting enemies in Mag’s Magnetize bubble if Mag is Modded to have a high Power Strength.
- Fixed a script error that could occur if a Protea died or left the squad with a Grenade Fan active on an ally.
- Fixed a crash upon viewing Vay Hek’s Codex entry. Did you really believe it would be this easy?!
- Fixed some rare Host migration issues where you would sometimes after migration join a session you didn’t expect (hosted by someone who used to be connected to your host, but has left long time ago… mostly possible in Open Zone missions).
- Fixed broken Defense objectives in Corpus Ship missions after a Treasurer spawns and the squad migrates.
- Fixed Vomvalysts appearing to move slower than usual.
- Fixed Ivara’s Artemis Bow sometimes firing the previously selected Quiver type instead of the one currently selected.
- Fixed Octavia’s Resonator spamming 0 Damage numbers in between doing charm Damage.
- Fixed Enemies that are converted by Revenant’s Enthrall energy pillar not appearing to have the Enthralled visuals around their head despite being friendly/affected.
- Fixed a few more cases where Titania could clip through the floor in Razorwing.
- Fixed the ‘Relentless Combination’ Mod not building Melee Combo from Slash Status Effects.
- Fixed Pax Seeker and Pax Bolt being able to be activated by weapons/abilities other than the Kitgun it’s installed on (sometimes resulting in a script error).
- Fixed Kuva Guardians remaining vulnerable and not firing their Twin Roggas after picking up their Kesheg.
- Fixed Fishing Bait not functioning in some Orb Vallis caves.
- Fixed Pets facing backwards when interacting with the Incubator.
- Fixed Pets using the wrong skeleton and appearing mutated when swapping to a loadout of a different Pet (Kubrow vs Kavat) before claiming your Incubated Pet when using a controller.
- Fixed being able to interact with Pets that haven’t yet been named/claimed which could cause a functionality loss.
- Fixed flickering/invisible issues with Pets when accessing an Arsenal outside the Orbiter (Cetus, Captura, etc).
- Fixed Incubated/unnamed Pets showing up in your Inventory as an unnamed level 0 Kubrow.
- Fixed Excavation Rewards not displaying in the ‘Mission Progress’ screen.
- Fixed enemies in the Corpus Ship Defense tileset sometimes getting stuck on door frames.
- Fixed enemies sometimes not responding properly due to a visual block by pickups.
- Fixed flinging yourself halfway across an Open Zone (Plains/Vallis) by using a Melee Heavy Slam Attack on an elevated surface.
- Fixed cases of using a Grustrag Three Beacon to escape a mission prematurely and it counting towards Star Chart progression.
- Fixed ability to teleport to old Operator positions when exiting Transference and using the /unstuck command.
- Fixed the 30 second warning Transmission from the Lotus not playing in Arbitration Survival missions.
- Fixed Orbiter ‘Scene’ Decorations reverting after logging out/back in. As reported here.
- Fixed not being able to see unowned Bundle-only fur patterns for Kubrows/Kavats in the Arsenal item grid when selecting a pattern.
- Fixed a potential issue with the latest Windows 10 update that may cause incorrect audio panning (resulting in sounds being perceived as coming from the left when they should be on the right).
- Fixed the Star Chart UI breaking when selecting an Invasion mission from the WSW with the Railjack Star Chart open.
- Fixed setting the ‘Master Volume’ slider between 1-4 resulting in no volume.
- Fixed the Prisma Lotus Sigil not having its two-toned style.
- Fixed the Vetala Armor not attaching properly to the Trinity Strega Skin.
- Fixed Platinum Coupon UI text overlapping.
- Fixed Valkyr’s Bastet Helmet to make certain metal areas the proper untintable dark that matches the rest of the Helmet. It still won’t be tintable but it should now match the correct color channel. As reported here.
- Fixed the Decoration Mode ‘AIM TO MOVE’ text string not being properly localized in the German game client.
- Fixed movement sound looping for Titania Prime.
- Fixed some audio timing issues with Liset fly-in cinematics.
- Fixed seeing “previous kick still in progress” for Clan or Alliance Chat moderation.
- Fixed a script error when your Sentinel attempts to Revive you.
- Fixed a script error that could occur if a Kuva Guardian leapt at a target that died (or toggled back to Warframe) while in mid-air.
- Fixed a script error when casting Saryn’s Toxic Lash ability.
- Fixed a script error related to hacking an Eidolon Lure.
Fixed a script error when Vay Hek attempts to zap you.
The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0 THE STEEL PATH It is time to take on a new challenge. The Origin System is ever-changing. Our enemies grow more powerful – only the Tenno with true mastery of their Arsenal will overcome what awaits us. Once you have found yourself with a…